ABOUT SINTECH JOURNAL
SINTECH (Science and Information Technology) Journal is a journal managed and published by the Institute for Research and Community Service (LPPM) STMIK STIKOM Indonesia, with e-ISSN 2598-9642 and p-ISSN: 2598-7305. SINTECH Journal was first published in April 2018 and has a publishing period twice in a year, namely in April and October.
Focus and scope of SINTECH Journal includes: Data analysis, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Bioinformatics/Biomedical Applications, Biometrical Application, Content-Based Multimedia Retrievals, Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Information System, Game Mobile, dan IT Bussiness Incubation.
All articles in SINTECH Journal will be processed by the editor through the Online Journal System (OJS), and the author can monitor the entire process in the member area. Articles published in SINTECH Journal, both in hardcopy and soft copy, are available as open access for educational, research and library purposes, and beyond that purpose, the SINTECH Journal editorial board is not responsible for copyright infringement.
Initially LPPM STMIK STIKOM Indonesia published a journal that aimed to accommodate campus internal lecturers at STMIK STIKOM Indonesia in publishing scientific papers. Because the lecturers who want to carry out publications come from various fields of science, such as computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, language, management, accounting, etc., the published journal seems not to have a clear focus area (accepting all types of articles). In addition, efforts to improve journal management by LPPM, as well as accreditation demands for scientific periodicals / journals determined by related parties, caused LPPM to stop publishing the journal.
Science and information technology (SINTECH) Journal is one of the journals managed and published by LPPM STMIK STIKOM Indonesia to facilitate the publication of scientific articles of lecturers in the fields of science related to science and information technology. This name was chosen due to the rapid development of science and information technology in this era and the prospect of continuing to grow. The science and technology developed is not limited to efforts to find and / or develop programs or application / system makers, but also related to the application of programs or systems that have existed in various aspects of life. Therefore the focus areas of writing received are related to data processing, artificial intelligence, pattern recognition, bioinformatics, virtual reality, information systems, games on mobile devices, and so on.
With the presence of this journal, it is expected that journal management in LPPM STMIK STIKOM Indonesia will be more focused on one science cluster and meet applicable standards. Hopefully the publication of this journal can provide new information and inspiration as well as add insights and examples of the application of weighted information and science to stakeholders.
FOCUS AND SCOPE
Focus and scope of SINTECH Journal includes: (a) Data analysis, (b) Natural Language Processing, (c) Artificial Intelligence, (d) Neural Networks, (e) Pattern Recognition, (f) Image Processing, (g) Bioinformatics/Biomedical Applications, (h) Biometrical Application, (i) Content-Based Multimedia Retrievals, (j) Augmented Reality, (k) Virtual Reality, (l) Information System, (m) Game Mobile, dan (n) IT Bussiness Incubation.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The author's copyright in the SINTECH (Science and information technology) Journal, assigns that the publication of published articles is owned by the editorial board with the author's approval, but the rights are still with the author. The legal rules for accessing digital electronic articles are under license Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) , which means that the SINTECH Journal has the right to store, modify, manage databases, maintain and publish articles without the author's permission, but the author as the copyright holder is still written as it is. Articles published in SINTECH Journals, both in hard and soft copy forms are available as open access, for educational, research and library purposes, and beyond that purpose, the editorial board of the Language and Language Journal is not responsible for illegal copyright infringement. This journal also applies LOCKSS and CLOKSS archiving.
Author(s) who publish article in SINTECH (Science and information technology) Journal, agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under license Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work.
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
The submitted manuscript is first reviewed by an editor. It will be evaluated in the office, whether it is suitable for SINTECH Journal focus and scope or has a major methodological flaw and similiarity score by using Plagiarismcheckerx.
The manuscript will be sent to at least two anonymous reviewers (Double Blind Review). Reviewers' comments are then sent to the corresponding author for necessary actions and responses.
The suggested decision will be evaluated in an editorial board meeting. Afterwards, the editor will send the final decision to the corresponding author.
PUBLICATION ETHICS AND MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
Section A: Publication and authorship
- All submitted papers are subject to strict peer-review process by at least two international reviewers that are experts in the area of the particular paper.
- Review process are blind peer review.
- The factors that are taken into account in review are relevance, soundness, significance, originality, readability and language.
- The possible decisions include acceptance, acceptance with revisions, or rejection.
- If authors are encouraged to revise and resubmit a submission, there is no guarantee that the revised submission will be accepted.
- Rejected articles will not be re-reviewed.
- The paper acceptance is constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement and plagiarism.
- No research can be included in more than one publication.
Section B: Authors’ responsibilities
- Authors must certify that their manuscripts are their original work.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript has not previously been published elsewhere.
- Authors must certify that the manuscript is not currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Authors must participate in the peer review process.
- Authors are obliged to provide retractions or corrections of mistakes.
- All Authors mentioned in the paper must have significantly contributed to the research.
- Authors must state that all data in the paper are real and authentic.
- Authors must notify the Editors of any conflicts of interest.
- Authors must identify all sources used in the creation of their manuscript.
- Authors must report any errors they discover in their published paper to the Editors.
Section C: Reviewers’ responsibilities
- Reviewers should keep all information regarding papers confidential and treat them as privileged information.
- Reviews should be conducted objectively, with no personal criticism of the author
- Reviewers should express their views clearly with supporting arguments
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
- Reviewers should also call to the Editor in Chief’s attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Reviewers should not review manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies, or institutions connected to the papers.
Section D: Editors’ responsibilities
- Editors have complete responsibility and authority to reject/accept an article.
- Editors are responsible for the contents and overall quality of the publication.
- Editors should always consider the needs of the authors and the readers when attempting to improve the publication.
- Editors should guarantee the quality of the papers and the integrity of the academic record.
- Editors should publish errata pages or make corrections when needed.
- Editors should have a clear picture of a research’s funding sources.
- Editors should base their decisions solely one the papers’ importance, originality, clarity and relevance to publication’s scope.
- Editors should not reverse their decisions nor overturn the ones of previous editors without serious reason.
- Editors should preserve the anonymity of reviewers.
- Editors should ensure that all research material they publish conforms to internationally accepted ethical guidelines.
- Editors should only accept a paper when reasonably certain.
- Editors should act if they suspect misconduct, whether a paper is published or unpublished, and make all reasonable attempts to persist in obtaining a resolution to the problem.
- Editors should not reject papers based on suspicions, they should have proof of misconduct.
- Editors should not allow any conflicts of interest between staff, authors, reviewers and board members.